Introducing CBJ’s 2019 Class of Most Admired CEOs.
The Charlotte Business Journal recently announced the 2019 honorees for the Most Admired CEOs in the Charlotte region. InVue CEO, Jim Sankey, was named as one of the honorees in the technology category.
CBJ’s Most Admired CEO awards program recognizes established local leaders who have a strong vision for their companies, have shown commitment to culture in the workplace and have made significant contributions to the community.
Nominations for this program came from members of the business community, members of the honorees’ organizations, and externally from the public. The CBJ editorial team selected the honorees to recognize within each industry category.
Under Jim’s leadership, InVue has fostered a strong culture of giving back to the community. A few examples of InVue’s recent initiatives include:
- Hosting a “Back to School Drive” with Classroom Central: in 2017, 2,427 items were donated to school children in Charlotte and that number was exceeded in 2018.
- Angel Tree Drive: employees donated toys for children, reaching 57 children with gifts during the 2017 holiday season and over 60 children in 2018.
- Volunteer program at Second Harvest Food Bank on behalf of Safe Alliance
- Volunteer program at Crisis Assistance Ministry to support clothing for the homeless
- Money is raised annually for the C2 Challenge, which supports after school activities for children through the YMCA
- InVue hosted a supply and fund drive for hurricane victims in Puerto Rico
In addition, InVue has rolled out a global “Day of Service” so employees can have a paid day to volunteer within their respective communities.
Jim leads by example in his personal philanthropic efforts. Over the last ten years, he has funded the building of twenty orphanages and four schools in India, Uganda, Sri Lanka and the Philippines. Jim also helps to provide funding for approximately 3,000 children in these orphanages.
With thousands of companies in the Charlotte area, home of InVue’s global headquarters, it’s a prestigious honor to be recognized and chosen as a most admired CEO. Jim’s contributions to both the local and global community are certainly admirable and something to celebrate. Congratulations Jim!